Last Updated: November 16, 2022
Collection of Information
The information we collect about you depends on how you interact with us or use our Services. In this section, we describe the categories of information we collect and the sources of this information.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information directly from you when you create an account, fill out a form, submit or post content through our Services, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party platforms, participate in a contest or promotion, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information that we collect may include your name, email address, postal address, phone number and any other information you choose to provide. If you make a purchase from us, we work with a third-party payment processor to collect and process your payment information.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information about your interactions with us or our Services, including:
Activity Information: We collect information about your activity on our Services, such as items you place in your cart.
Transactional Information: When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, and browser type. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
Precise Geolocation Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. You may stop the collection of precise location information at any time (see the Your Choices section below for details).
Information Collected by Cookies and Similaar Tracking Technologies: We use tracking technologies, such as cookies, pixels, and SDKs to collect information about your interactions with the Services. These technologies help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. For more information about the cookies and other tracking technologies we use, and the choices available to you, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We obtain information from third-party sources. For example, we may collect information about you from other users of our Services, advertising networks, data analytics providers and mailing list providers. Additionally, if you create or log into your Artie account through a third-party platform (such as Facebook), we will have access to certain information from that platform, such as your name, birthday, and profile picture, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such platform.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your approximate location based on your IP address or infer that you are looking to purchase certain products based on your browsing behavior and past purchases. We may also derive various insights from the information submitted by and about you through our Services.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to administer your account and provide our Services. We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our products and Services;
- Personalize your experience with us;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts support messages, and other transactional or relationshp messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Artie and others, and provide news and information we think will interest to you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our products and Services;
- Target advertisements to you on third-party platforms and websites (for more information and to opt out, see the Your Choices section below);
- Target advertising to you when you use our Services based on information provided by our advertising partners (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below);
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and help prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and help protect the rights and property of Artie and others;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- Carry out internal operations that are reasonable in the context of your relationship with us;
- Create de-identified, anonymized, or aggregated information; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Targeted Advertising and Analytics
Some of our advertising partners enable us to translate your email address or phone number into an identifier that can’t be used to identify you personally. Our advertising partners then use that unique identifier to show ads that are more relevant to you across the web and in mobile apps.
You can learn more about interest-based ads, or opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes by companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance, by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices, or, if you reside in the European Union, by visitingwww.youronlinechoices.eu.
Disclosures of Information
In certain circumstances, we disclose (or permit others to directly collect) information about you. We disclose the categories of personal information described above in the Collection of Information section in the following ways:
- We disclose personal information to vendors, service providers, contractors and consultants that need this information to provide services to us, such as, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
- If you choose to use integrations we offer on our Services, such as sharing your location through our Google Maps integration, we provide certain information to the integration partners.
- We disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We disclose personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Artie, our users, the public, or others.
- We disclose personal information to our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We disclose personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of certain corporate transactions, including the merger, sale of company assets, financing, or a cquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Personal information is disclosed between and among Artie and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
- With your consent or at your direction.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Transfer of Information to the United States and Other Countries
Artie is headquartered in the United States and we have operations and vendors in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and those that perform work for us may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. Where required by law, we provide adequate protection for the transfer of personal data in accordance with applicable law.
You may update and correct certain account information at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to delete your account, please email us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Artie by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.